Eastwood Auto Insurance ReviewSunday, 17 November 2013 17:44
Eastwood Insurance, which is now sold through Titan Insurance, offered policies to non-standard drivers such as those who have had difficulty getting insurance from other companies due to a poor driving record, DUI convictions, multiple accidents or other issues. There are now a variety of discounts available for Eastwood Insurance through Titan, as well as some unique coverage options. Eastwood is now owned by a financially secure company and may be worthwhile to consider for those who need insurance and who have had trouble getting insured from other providers.
Company Background Information
Eastwood Insurance was an auto insurance company based out of Fullerton, California and was founded in 1989 as a company that offered insurance options to high risk and non-standard drivers. In 1997 the company was fined for using unlicensed employees to transact insurance, and in 2005 the company was subject to an unpaid overtime lawsuit. Eastwood was recently acquired by Titan in 2007, and Titan is owned by Nationwide.
Eastwood sells insurance in four states: Arizona, California, Texas and Nevada and it sells auto, motorcycle, RV, homeowner and commercial insurance. At the time that Eastwood was purchased it had assets of $217 million and 420 employees. At the present moment Titan sells insurance in 23 states and specializes in selling insurance to non-standard and high risk drivers.
After Titan acquired Eastwood, Eastwood mostly ceased operation as an independent brand and is now sold as Titan Insurance except for a few branded offices in some locations. Titan Insurance is rated A+ by A.M. Best with a “aa-“ credit rating and a stable long term outlook.
Pros of Eastwood Car Insurance
- Backed by a financially stable company
- Offers insurance options to non-standard drivers
Cons of Eastwood Car Insurance
- A few negative reviews posted online
Eastwood/Titan offers a number of discounts that are listed on the Titan website including the following:
- Multiple vehicle discount
- A discount for military service members
- Good student discounts
- Group affiliate discounts for select groups
- Accident free driving discounts
- Discounts for safety features like anti-lock brakes
- Homeowners discount
- Driving safety course discount
- Mature driver discounts
- Agricultural vehicle discounts
- And more
The availability of these discounts will vary based on the state, but the four states where Eastwood offered insurance are still part of Titan’s 23 insurance markets.
Types of Insurance Offered
On the Eastwood/Titan website there are some details about the types of coverage that are offered. The coverage offered includes the following:
- Auto liability coverage – for bodily injury and property damage liability costs, which pays for any liability claims against a driver or legal expenses
- Collision coverage – pays for repairs to the owner’s vehicle in the event of a collision and may be required for leased vehicles
- Comprehensive coverage – covers damage not caused by a collision such as vandalism, theft, and weather related damage
- Medical payment coverage – for medical expense reimbursement
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage – to pay for damages caused by an uninsured driver
There are also some extra unique supplementary insurance options available such as:
- Towing and labor coverage for vehicles that cannot be driven from the accident site
- GAP coverage to cover vehicles where the amount owed is more than what the vehicle is worth
- Rental reimbursement which offers a rental car while a vehicle is being repaired
- Special equipment coverage to cover after-market add-ons
- And more
The EastwoodInsurance.com redirects to the Titan insurance website. Consistent with Eastwood’s insurance offerings, Titan sells insurance to high risk drivers but in a larger market.
There are not many reviews of Eastwood auto insurance online, but of the reviews that are listed online there are a mix of both positive and negative reviews. The negative reviews of Eastwood mentioned that the customer support was unsatisfactory, but some customers were happy with the rate they received from Eastwood.
Eastwood auto insurance offered through Titan may be a good option to consider for drivers who need insurance for work but have had trouble finding affordable insurance. The options offered by Titan include some unique discounts as well as custom coverage options that may be more affordable than other high-risk insurance providers. Insurance shoppers can compare rates from non-standard auto insurance providers by entering their zip code on this page.